Bake Along,

Pandan Chiffon Cake [Cooked Dough/Tang Mian Method]

6:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

This is my first time baking Chiffon Cake using cooked dough or tang mian method.   Sounds difficult but not so like I thought, that's why I took so long to try this way.  I always go for easy and simple ways for my cooking and baking.   I believe many blogger friends have been baking Chiffon Cakes using cooked dough method.   Here again, I tried removing this cake from the pan with bare hands.  Looks okay?
Verdict - This cake turn out well, very spongy, soft, moist and the taste was perfect. I baked this cake for my family but my hubby says must give at least a few slices to my MIL, and he did.
Recipe Source - from Angel of Cook.Bake.Love
Ingredients
[use 7" tube pan]
60 gm butter 
60 gm plain flour - sifted
a pinch of salt
60 ml coconut milk 
2 tsp Pandan paste * 
4 large egg yolks 
4 large egg whites
80 gm castor sugar 
1/4 tsp cream of tartar [optional] 
* Pandan Paste - blend 10 pandan leaves with 100 ml water, strained and let it settle in a container in the fridge for several hours. Discard the water and use the thick pandan paste 
  1. Cook butter over low fire until melted.  Remove from heat and add in sifted flour and salt.  Mix well with a hand whisk.
  2. Add in the coconut milk and pandan paste.  Stir to combine all the ingredients.
  3. Add in the egg yolks and whisk until well mixed.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy, add in cream of tartar if using.  Add in the sugar in 3 batches.  Whisk until stiff peaks.
  5. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue to the egg yolk mixture, mix well.  Fold batter to remaining meringue.  Mix until just incorporated.  DO NOT OVERMIX.
  6. Pour batter into tube pan and tap the pan on tabletop to release any trapped air bubble.
  7. Bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees C for about 40-45 mins until cooked.  [I baked the cake at 160 degrees C at bottom heat for 20 minutes  then switch to top and bottom heat, continue to bake for 20 minutes].
  8. Remove cake and invert pan to cool completely before removing.



I'm submitting this post to Bake Along #64 - Chiffon Cakes
hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours



0 comments: