ERecipes,

Hairy Melon With Dried Prawns Soup

6:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

This soup dish was inspired by Joyce's post but I thought I remembered well her recipe.  I was wrong, the basic ingredients like Hairy Melon and Dried Prawns are correct but not the seasoning.  I totally forgotten that she uses fish sauce.  So here is my version.  Next time, I'll use fish sauce as seasoning to replace the salt and chicken stock.

It's a homey soup which is easy and quick to cook.
Ingredients
[serves 3-4]
1 hairy melon [about 500 gm] - peeled and cut into batons
1 tbsp dried shrimps - rinsed and soaked for 5 minutes [drain]
1 tbsp garlic
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt to taste
1/2 cube chicken stock
750 ml water
1/2 tbsp oil

  1. Heat oil in soup pot, saute garlic and dried prawns until aromatic.  Add in pepper to fry followed by water.
  2. Bring to boil for several minutes until fragrant.
  3. Add in the hairy melon and seasoning to taste.  Cook soup over high heat for several minutes until melon are translucent and cooked.
  4. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of  some chopped spring onions.
    Visit this site for Its' Nutritional Facts [here]

0 comments: